Academic and Career Advising
The Win Student Resource Commons works closely with students and academic advisors to design a program of study compatible with each student's interests, abilities and future goals. In addition, we offer workshops and programs to prepare students for their lives beyond Simon's Rock including graduate school preparation and cover letter and resume writing. We offer students academic and personal support in the following areas:
For information or assistance with internships, post-graduate plans, or transfer applications, contact:
Liz Lierman, director of career services.
Students may schedule individual appointments or attend any of our/Bard's workshops and programs offered throughout the year. Support available through career services includes:
- Career counseling and assessment to help with clarifying interests
- Information on career options
- Assistance with planning an internship or job search
- Resources for finding internships, jobs, or "gap year" opportunities
- Coaching on networking techniques
- Critiques of resumes, cover letters, biography statements, and other application materials
- Interview and negotiation practice and preparation
- Graduate school advising
- Transfer advising
College Central Network
The College Central Network (CCN) is a career services portal where students and alumni connect with each other and with potential employers. CCN complements and expands the Win Commons career center with a whole host of online services and tools, including a job board where Simon’s Rock friendly employers (including alumni!) post jobs and internships.