Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation
Community Foundation Intern
Since 1987, we have been an agent for positive change in the region we serve. In education, health care, basic human services, transportation, the arts, youth and senior programs—our grants touch all aspects of life and every person in the Berkshire Taconic region. Each year, we help thousands of donors achieve their philanthropic goals and hundreds of nonprofits carry on their good work.
- Assisting with development and distribution of publications
- Assisting with grant research and materials coordination
- Helping with community building and education events
- Updating the database
- Managing press clippings and press rep
- Assisting with general office work
- Computer and Internet savvy, including working knowledge of Word, Excel and database
- Willingness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with staff and community members
- Comfortable in diverse settings and diverse communities
- Discrete and professional
- Prefer high school seniors or college students
- Helping to connect communities with programs
- Experience in a high-performance organization
Training in office management skills, database management, program administration, publications development, grant research, public relations and outreach
Working for an organization that benefits residents of Berkshire County, Massachusetts; Columbia County and northeast Dutchess County, New York; and northwest Litchfield County, Connecticut
Timeframe for Internship:
Internships require a three-month commitment with an 8-12 hour per week commitment.
Spring/Summer internships run March -August
Fall internships run September-December
Winter internships run January – March
Internship can take place year-round.
Deadlines are as follows or open until filled: February 11 (Spring/Summer), August 12 (Fall), and December 9 (Winter).
Please send a cover letter and resume to Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, 271 Main Street, Suite 3, Great Barrington, MA 01230-1972 or email to email@example.com. For more information about Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, please visit us at www.berkshiretaconic.org or call 413.528.8039.