Meet the Faculty
PhD, Vanderbilt University, Chemistry, 1998
MS, Naval War College, National Security and Strategic Studies (with honors), 1999
MS, Vanderbilt University, Chemistry, 1989
BS, University of Notre Dame, Chemistry, 1978
Deputy Head and Academy Professor, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY 1999-2008
West Point Fellow, Naval War College 1998-1999
Assistant Professor, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY 1989-1992
Various leadership and command & staff positions throughout the world in the United States Army, 1978-2008
Areas of Interest:
Interdisciplinary integration of chemistry education and history,literature, politics, society, and other scientific disciplines • classroom research into formative assessment.
- Dooley, Patricia A. “How Do You Say ‘Sulfuric Acid’ in Dari? Chemistry as a Second Language: Chemical Education” in a Globalized Society. January 1, 2010, 121-138.
- Huang, Hai; Dooley, Patricia A.; Harris, Constance M.; Harris, Thomas M.; and Stone, Michael P., “Differential Base Stacking Interactions Induced by Trimethylene Interstrand DNA Cross-Links in the 5’-CpG-3’ and 5’-GpC-3’ Sequence Contexts,” Chem. Res. Toxicol., 2009, 22 (11): 1810–1816.
- Dooley, Patricia A.; Tsarouhtsis, Dimitrios; Korbel, Gregory A.; Nechev, Lubomir V.; Shearer, Jill; Zegar, Irene S.; Harris, Constance M.; Stone, Michael P.; and Harris, Thomas M., “Structural Studies of an Oligodeoxynucleotide Containing a Trimethylene Interstrand Cross-Link in a 5’-(CpG) Motif: Model of a Malondialdehyde Cross-Link,” J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 123(8): 1730-1739.
- Dooley, Patricia A.; Zhang, Mingzhou; Korbel, Gregory A.; Nechev, Lubomir V.; Harris, Constance M.; Stone, Michael P.; and Harris, Thomas M., “NMR Determination of the Conformation of a Trimethylene Interstrand Cross-Link in an Oligodeoxynucleotide Duplex Containing a 5’-d(GpC) Motif,” J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 125(1): 62-72.
- Blackman, Merrill S.; Dooley, Patricia; Kuchinski, Bill; and Chapman, David, “It Worked a Different Way,” College Teaching 50(1): 27-28.
- United States Military Academy Fellow to the Naval War College, 1998-1999 Four-Year Army ROTC Scholarship, University of Notre Dame, 1974-1978 (Distinguished Military Graduate)