IT System Administrator
Bard College at Simon’s Rock (in Great Barrington, MA) seeks an experienced System Administrator for day-to-day support operations and to investigate and implement new technologies and solutions.
- Administering systems and servers including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS/X and the services that run on them such as email, DNS, DHCP, LDAP and web services
- Investigating, testing, and implementing server hardware and software technologies – including but not limited to network applications, anti-spam, anti-virus, and mal-ware software
- Coordinating closely with the network administrator and other staff
- Developing backup scripts, performing production system backups, and managing backup media
- Maintaining a clean and orderly server environment with complete documentation
- Ensuring that monitoring software is tuned and augmented as new software/hardware is rolled into production
- Staying abreast of new technologies to facilitate identification, selection and implementation of infrastructure solutions that will enable maximum interoperability and functionality
- Two or more years of Linux system administrator experience required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required (will substitute relevant experience)
- Ability to work proactively in a small team of IT professionals, with multiple interruptions
- Ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours for on call, maintenance and emergency activities
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V or KVM)
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience with intrusion protection/detection systems, Cloud technologies, configuration management software desirable
- Experience working in college setting desirable
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the nation’s only four-year college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed for younger scholars. The campus is located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. The college is a unit of Bard College located in Annandale-on-Hudson in New York.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time, 12 month-a-year, on-going position with excellent employee benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background search. Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Charlie Derr, Director of Instructional Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone Calls Please.