First Annual Mostly Shorts Film Festival at Bard College at Simon's Rock; Featuring special appearances by producers of the documentary, The 11th Hour
GREAT BARRINGTON. MA – The first annual Mostly Shorts Film Festival, organized by Student Activities, will take place at Bard College at Simon’s Rock on Saturday, April 19 beginning at 1 pm. A total of nineteen films (selected from public submissions) will be show as well as two special presentations. The festival will also feature the full length documentary, The 11th Hour, produced and narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio. One of the film's producers, Stephen McGuire will be present at the event.
The schedule of the Festival is as follows –
- 1 pm Screening: The Secret of the White Bird, The Shower (Re)Seen, Swim Suit, I’ve Met a Wonderful Man, Hope & Anchor, Visit from Outer Space, and Big White Lies.
- Special Presentation: Interactive Arts Animation by faculty in music, interactive arts, and Asian studies John Myers and his class “Interactive Arts Workshop” at Simon’s Rock.
- 3 pm Screening: That Creepy Old Doll, 13W, Breaking Up, Giant, Weather Report, The Last Adventure of Superman, Phantom of the Art Gallery, Coda, and Tailored for the Court.
- Special Presentation: Urban Electronic Poetry.
- 7 pm Screening: Fragile, How to Build a Bio-Swale, Dinosaurs and Rocketships, followed by the featured documentary The 11th Hour.
All events are free and open to the public.
The 11th Hour features ongoing dialogues with experts from all over the world, including former Soviet Prime Minister Mikhail Gorbachev, renowned scientist Stephen Hawking, former head of the CIA R. James Woolsey and sustainable design experts William McDonough and Bruce Mau in addition to over 50 leading scientists, thinkers and leaders who discuss the most important issues that face our planet and people. The documentary’s producer, Stephen McGuire will be present at the screening. The film was released by Warner Independent Pictures in 2007.
The Festival will take place at the Alumni Performance Center of the Livingston Hall Student Union. For more information, contact Valerie Fanarjian at 413-644-4284 or email@example.com.