Frequently Asked Questions
What information will my guests need? Do they need tickets?
The ceremony is open to the public. Seating begins at 10:00 AM. Tickets are not required and seats are not reserved.
Will my family be receiving a formal invitation?
Yes, formal invitations will be mailed to the same address(es) where grade reports are sent. If you would like another family member to receive an invitation, please e-mail the address to email@example.com or call 413-528-7239.
What commencement events are my family members invited to?
The families of graduates are invited to:
- The reading of the Senior Thesis Highlights
- For BA graduates:Commencement Day continental breakfast in the Daniel Arts Center
- For AA graduates: Commencement Day continental breakfast in the Dining Hall
- Commencement Exercises, followed by refreshments
Will professional photographs be taken of graduates on during commencement?
Professional photos of graduates receiving their diplomas will be taken by Commencement Photos, Inc.
Commencement Photos, Inc.
1348 Main Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Contact: 978.851.5924 | CustomerService@CommencementPhotos.com
Commencement Photos Inc. offers a variety of photo packages and single photo options. Order information will be sent directly to the graduates' permanent mailing address before the ceremony. Photos will be available for viewing online approximately three days after the ceremony and color proofs will be mailed approximately five days after commencement. Graduates will have secure access to view and order their photos. Access information will be sent prior to the ceremony. All orders are processed when received and shipped within one week. The College is not liable for any portion of this transaction.
Will Memorial Day parades impact my travel to campus?
There is a good possibility you will be traveling through a town that is hosting a Memorial Day Parade. Check the parade times in Great Barrington and surrounding towns below to plan your route to campus and include plenty of extra time. All of the Memorial Day Parades listed below are for Monday, May 25, 2015.
- Egremont - Begins at 12:15 p.m. at the South Egremont fire station, and the parade marches to the village green, where a short ceremony will be conducted.
- Great Barrington - Housatonic parade begins at 9 a.m. at the fire station and ends at Greenlawn Cemetery on VanDeusenville Road. Great Barrington parade begins at 11 a.m. at the Cottage Street Bridge and ends at Town Hall.
- Lee - The parade marches from Main Street to Fairmont Cemetery beginning at 10 a.m.
- Lenox - The parade will begin at noon.
- Pittsfield - The parade begins at 9, proceeding from City Hall to Fenn to North and Wahconah streets, then to Pittsfield Cemetery, where there will be a second ceremony.
- Monterey -The memorial day ceremony will take place at the Veteran's Memorial Park on Route 23 at 11 a.m. The parade begins at 1 p.m. downtown.
- Salisbury (CT) - At 10:00am the parade begins at Scoville Memorial Library and goes down Rt. 41 via Main St. to the cemetery.
- Sheffield - March begins from the village green in Ashley Falls at 8 a.m. with observances at the Clayton Road cemetery. Sheffield has a second parade that starts at 11am which briefly closes Rt. 7.
- Stockbridge - Benediction, taps, firearms salute for veterans at the town and St. Joseph's cemeteries begin at 11; the parade steps off at noon from Town Hall.
- North Canaan (CT) - Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and proceeds along Main Street to the Doughboy war memorial for services at 11 a.m.
How can I find lodging and dining information in the Berkshires?
Lodging and dining information can be found on the following web sites or by phoning.
www.southernberkshirechamber.com (phone: 800-269-4825)
www.berkshires.org (phone: 888-256-7480)
***Please note: Weekends in the Berkshires tend to be very busy at this time. We recommend booking your accommodation as soon as possible.
What accommodations will there be for students and/or guests with special needs?
Graduates or guests with physical disabilities who plan to participate in the ceremony should call 413-528-7239 to make necessary arrangements. College staff will be available to assist guests with disabilities to a reserved section. Due to limited reserved space, one additional seat will be available to accompany disabled guests.
Is there parking for people with disabilities?
There is limited parking available at Blodgett for guests with disabilities. In the event all spaces are full, College staff will assist with parking.
Where should guests park for commencement activities?
College staff will be on hand at the college’s entrance to direct traffic to the soccer field. Shuttles to Blodgett House will be available from this lot.
What happens in the event of rain?
Commencement exercises are normally held outdoors under a large tent. However, if the weather is severe and dangerous, the ceremony will be moved indoors in the Kilpatrick Athletic Center. The decision will be made the morning of the event and all participants will be directed to the event’s location upon arrival.
If I don’t attend the graduation ceremony, how can I get my diploma?
Those graduates who are not attending the graduation ceremony will receive their diploma in the mail.
What time do students need to move out of the residence halls?
Graduating students must vacate their rooms no later than 4:00 PM on Commencement Day.