- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Admission Operations Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Admission and Enrollment, this position serves to assist
in maintaining the integrity of the admission CRM system and the Student Information
System as it relates to recruitment and enrollment efforts for the Academy and college
at Simon’s Rock. A significant portion of this position will be to assist with Slate
CRM and the further implementation of Slate for the success of engagement, recruitment,
communications and enrollment. This multi-functional role also requires comprehensive
experience and knowledge in office support, including professional writing skills,
meeting and event planning, expense processing, and general project management. The
position requires the ability to work multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines, all while remaining
accessible to both employees and visitors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning, printing and sending of postal mailings for the admissions cycle
including, but not limited to, prospect, inquiries, counselor letters and admissions
packets. Work with printing & distribution on bulk mailings.
- Ensure data integrity across the Admissions CRM and the institution's Student Information
System (SIS). Assist with application loading and record management within the SIS.
- In collaboration with the Slate CRM Specialist, support the Slate needs of the admission
- Assist with the application verification process. Support processes that work to verify
physical and digital application materials. Assist with the audit of application materials
for matriculating students.
- Create and implement queries and processes to enable admission staff to perform their
daily responsibilities most efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in supporting workshops, seminars, conferences, programs, and special events,
including the preparation of materials, catering, AV needs, etc. and coordinate accommodations
for special guests.
- Ensure the efficiency of admissions procedures by developing and maintaining procedure
manuals for admission system tasks and coordinating informational updates for all
admissions system users.
- Ensure front office is presentable and that all office supplies, forms, student records/paperwork
are efficiently managed.
- General office duties such as answering phones, responding quickly to email requests,
maintaining electronic records, trackers, files, and supplies; handling mail, and
shipping letters and packages.
- Hire, train and mentor new and existing front office student workers on office and
advising procedures helping them to provide excellent customer service to students,
parents, and counselors.
- Maintain best practices and data standards to continually improve processes and outcomes.
- Maintain office calendar.
- Maintain key access to building and inventory of keys.
- Maintain email distribution lists and phone/contact lists.
- Manage Admission email account.
- Department liaison for housekeeping and facilities management.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
- Associate Degree or High School Diploma from an accredited institution.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Strong computer experience, which must include ability to work effectively with Enrollment
Management systems and MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint. The
ability to successfully evaluate and improve process efficiencies is critical to the
success of this position.
- Communicate in a highly professional manner — clearly, appropriately, and effectively
with all levels.
- Possession of a polished and professional demeanor at all times (in person, via email,
and by phone) with strong customer service skills and the ability to remain flexible,
tactful, and patient in all circumstances.
- Ability to take initiative, have initiative, and drive a team to achieve goals.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and
handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive
- Must display a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Superior organizational skills including time management, ability to multi-task and
demonstrate attention to detail.
- Analytical skills with regards to assessing effectiveness of business processes.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as required due to department needs.
Personal contact with community members and campus visitors are handled in a courteous
and welcoming manner; email, phone calls, and other requests are responded to in a
timely and satisfactory manner; all written communications are professional in tone
and grammatically correct in content. Confidential information is handled with discretion
Valid driver’s license
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; additional hours as needed. Occasional
weekend work may be required.
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please send a résumé and cover letter
by email to Jackie Hall, Slate CRM Specialist, at email@example.com with “Admission Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Position open until filled.