- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Communications & Marketing Operations Coordinator
Bard College at Simon’s Rock seeks an organized, efficient, and versatile Operations
Coordinator to join the Communications and Marketing team.
The Communications and Marketing Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of
Communications and Marketing and plays a key role on the team. The position provides
administrative support, helps create and uphold processes to improve departmental
efficiency, promotes events, coordinates media buys, and partakes in other initiatives
as assigned. The work of the position supports the priority efforts of the Office
of Communications and Marketing to manage the Simon’s Rock brand, recruit students
(in collaboration with the Office of Admission), and fundraise (in collaboration with
the Office of Institutional Advancement). The Communications and Marketing department
is a collaborative environment and this position will contribute to projects across
a variety of media.
As a team member, you’ll be contributing to a unique learning environment where students
start college early. The mission of Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock
is to inspire the curiosity and creativity of motivated younger scholars with a challenging,
empowering, and inclusive education in the liberal arts and sciences. Our commitment
to cultivating and maintaining a welcoming environment of equity and inclusion extends
beyond the classroom to every member of the campus community.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and
we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values
of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of a background check. Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer and
we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations,
gender identities, and socioeconomic levels.
- The position coordinates the intake and progress of departmental and cross-departmental
projects, supports event promotion and media planning, and upholds brand standards
in all endeavors.
- Manage operations (project management, file management, billing, purchasing, meeting
preparation, and scheduling).
- Manage event promotion (manage online event calendar, craft event promotion e-blasts,
coordinate production of event advertisements and Merit pages).
- Plan media buys (research advertising opportunities and organize ad production schedule).
- Support internal campus communications (load messages into email marketing software
and manage email lists).
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor, such as website updates.
- Maintain compliance with all Simon’s Rock policies and procedures.
- Support social media management when applicable (help strategize post ideas for Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Collaborate with campus partners on special projects (signage, campus store needs,
- Oversee student workers when applicable.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge about diversity, equity and inclusion as
critical components of academic excellence and student success.
- Ability to facilitate outside relationships with media publications, contractors and
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with a diverse community.
- Ability to generate strategic and creative ideas.
- Knowledge of project management tools, social media platforms, email marketing software,
content management systems, word processing applications and basic design applications.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high
level of attention to detail.
- Interest in the unique educational model and mission of Simon’s Rock.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva.
- Experience with project management platforms, such as Asana, Basecamp or Wrike.
- Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Emma, Constant Contact, or Mailchimp.
- Experience publishing and/or managing website content on a CMS.
- Photography and video production skills.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org