Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock seek an experienced, data-driven, innovative, and compassionate leader to serve as its Director of Admission and Enrollment Management. Reporting to the Provost, the Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction for student recruitment, admission, and retention monitoring.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically
designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual
and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade.
For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape,
practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before
the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives
are valued. Five years ago, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year
high school program for 9th- and 10th-graders on the path to starting college early.
The campus is located on 275 rolling and wooded acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the center of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires are a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.
• Provide creative leadership in the development and execution of student recruitment, admission, and retention programs that embodies the values and goals of Simon’s Rock.
• Provide strategic oversight and direction to a talented team of admission counselors; develop a strong sense of teamwork, equity, and investment in the Simon’s Rock mission; establish an environment of mentoring and support.
• Establish strategic direction and priorities for enrollment management built on quantitative analysis and strategic decision making, while fostering a culture that emphasizes strong personal relationships, a high-touch customer-service approach, clear communication, transparency, and collaboration across the institution.
• Establish close working relationships with the Provost, senior staff, faculty, trustees, alumni, and others to engage in conversations about enrollment priorities, shifting demographics, recruitment, financial aid allocation, retention, branding, alumni engagement, and the priorities that inform and shape admission, financial aid, and retention policies and programs.
• Create and implement strategies for the intentional recruitment of international students, working together with the Dean of Students and the International Student Support Team to coordinate specialized support services and integration of international students to the campus community.
• Oversee and work closely with the Enrollment Committee to review and analyze data on student enrollment and success to shape strategic direction.
• Re-evaluate, on a regular basis, the effectiveness of Simon’s Rock’s recruitment, admission, and financial aid programs to ensure alignment with the strategic goals and direction of the College.
• Develop and manage the budget for admission and enrollment management, ensuring that resources are allocated in a way that achieves goals.
• Establish relationships with, and manage services provided by a variety of third party vendors who are charged with helping Simon’s Rock identify, recruit, and support students who will thrive.
• In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, ensure that the institution’s mission and vision are creatively represented; develop and utilize existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, and secondary school counselors.
• Serve as an ambassador for Simon’s Rock in communicating its message to prospective students and their families, current students and parents, secondary schools, alumni, faculty, staff, trustees, and other external constituents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
•A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge about diversity, equity, and inclusion as critical components of academic excellence and student success.
• A bachelor’s degree is required, as well as a strong intellectual orientation and sense of curiosity. An advanced degree is preferred.
• A proven track record of success in leadership positions in admission and enrollment management; experience within a liberal arts institution would be preferred.
• A holistic view of the connections among the areas of enrollment, academic affairs, and campus life; the capacity to build strong and supportive relationships across them and to work effectively with all who have an interest in the shaping and success of Simon’s Rock’s student body.
• Proven experience in providing leadership, oversight, and strategic direction. Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as strong analytical abilities.
• Strong understanding of how to use data analysis to inform strategic and tactical plans for enrollment management.
• A strong foundation and expertise in financial management with the ability to make sound judgments in a resource-constrained environment; ability to develop and implement the budget effectively, aligning resources with strategic priorities.
We encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic levels and will provide qualified people with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Director of Admission and Enrollment Management” in the subject line). No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.