- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Kilpatrick Athletic Center - Membership/Service Desk Manager
The goal of this position is to support the Kilpatrick Athletic Center Mission and
Vision through the effective management of the service desk staff and of memberships.
It is expected that all employees will treat every member of the community with respect
and contribute to the College’s commitment to fostering an inclusive and welcoming
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities are directly related to the management of the KAC service
desk and memberships, which includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement
with respect to matters of significance.
The Membership/Service Desk Manager will report and be accountable to the Operations
The Membership/Service Desk Manager will supervise, schedule, and train the service
Manages daily membership and service desk operation of the KAC.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage service desk staff
- Cover the service desk when needed
- Manages membership information input in Twin Oaks database
- Works with Service Desk staff to assure a positive experience for all members when
dealing with all membership and monetary transactions pertaining to the KAC
- Works with the Service Desk staff on all registration procedures pertaining to classes
- Serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) on a rotating basis as scheduled
- With the Director of Operations, sets and maintains a standard of excellence for all
service desk employees
- Create and maintain Service Desk procedures and policies manual
- Work closely with the Operations Director, Athletics Director, Aquatic Director and
Fitness Coordinator in the running of the KAC and support them administratively
- Maintain Membership information in Twin Oaks
- Maintain printed materials at desk i.e. contracts, schedules, etc.
- Manage and maintain Service Desk Schedules
- Provide tours of the KAC upon request
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all BCSR policies and procedures
Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty and staff who work at
Supportive supervision of the facilities employees, both full-time and part-time.
- Works with Mar/Com and the Operations Director to keep the website up-to date
- Oversees online and phone in memberships
- Assists Operations Director and Athletic Director with KAC special events
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Experience in administration and supervision preferred
- Experience with maintaining and expanding membership database
- Experience with customer service
- Ability to express facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize time and materials
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to interact effectively with professional staff, parents, and students
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully and courteously with a diverse
Physical and Cognitive Requirements/Resilience:
- Lifting 5-25+ lbs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively
with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Handling stress
- Managing trauma and grief
Full time position, early morning, late evening, weekend and holiday availability
requirements. Some circumstances would require the employee to be called in such
as a service desk representative no-show.
- Monday through Sunday
- 7am to 7pm
- All Shifts
- Subject to being assigned to one evening MOD shift
Position description and duties may change at any given time.
Successful completion of a background check is a mandatory part of the hiring process.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply. Please send letter of interest and résumé to Paul Pitman,
Director of Operations, Kilpatrick Athletic Center, email@example.com.
Applications sent by U.S. Mail should be addressed to,
The Kilpatrick Athletic Center
84 Alford Road
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Applications can also be filled out in person at the above address. No phone calls