- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Mental Health Counselor
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is seeking a full-time counselor to join the multi-disciplinary
team at our Wellness Center, which encompasses student health and counseling services.
This is primarily a direct service position with opportunities for campus training,
group work and outreach. The counselor position is slated for 36 hours per week, four
days per week, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., for the academic year of mid-August through May
with additional on-call rotation responsibilities.
- Individual counseling to provide therapeutic support, as appropriate, to early-college
- Crisis intervention, assessment and case management.
- Consultations with family, health services, college administration, residential staff,
faculty and outside providers regarding students, as needed and appropriate.
- Collaboration with the counseling team and consulting psychiatrist.
- Outreach, training and group work, as needed, in relevant topic areas with students
and college staff.
- Evening and weekend on-call: one weekday per week and shared weekend rotation with
the clinical team.
- Supervision of graduate interns, as needed and appropriate.
- Attendance at weekly staff and case consultation meetings.
- Clinical Documentation.
- Other Duties as required.
- Independently licensed clinician in the state of MA with an advanced degree (LICSW,
LMHC, PhD, PsyD).
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant, post-graduate experience with college students and/or
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within an engaged and collaborative team.
- Commitment to inclusion and culturally competent practice.
- Sensitivity, understanding and experience in working with a diverse community of students,
especially under-represented populations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- History of impeccable clinical judgment, ethical practice and professional discipline.
- Flexible, positive and helpful with a balanced, reasoned perspective in managing complex
- Attention to detail and consistent follow through on required clinical documentation
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusion. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Send letter of interest,
resume and three references to Sharon Hartunian, Director of the Wellness Center,
email@example.com, with “Mental Health Counselor” in the subject line. Review of resumes will begin
immediately and will continue until November 30, 2018. Employment is contingent on
a background search.