- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant
Bard College at Simon’s Rock, in Great Barrington, MA, is the nation’s only four—year
residential college of the liberal arts and sciences for secondary school-age students.
Simon’s Rock students enroll in college early, typically at the age of 16, and complete
an academic program leading to the two-year associate of arts and four-year bachelor
of arts degrees. In addition, Bard Academy educates students in the 9th and 10th grades
with the plan to enter the early college by the 11th grade. The position is a unique
opportunity for those interested in working directly with students in a vibrant, intellectual,
The College is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the multi-‐disciplinary
team at the Wellness Center, which encompasses student health and counseling services.
The person would serve as a care provider within health services working with three
nurses. The position includes a combination of direct service, supervision, coordination,
and training, reporting to the Director of the Wellness Center. The position encompasses
full-time responsibilities Monday–Friday, during the 10-month academic year and participation
in shared on-call duties, as needed.
Provide inclusive, comprehensive and preventive medical/nursing care within the scope
of practice, including initiating and interpreting laboratory work and ordering necessary
diagnostic imaging, while adhering to Best Practice Standards that are endorsed by
the American College Health Association (ACHA) and relevant licensure standards.
- Consult with and/or make referrals to medical specialists and/or allied health personnel,
- Mentor health services staff to ensure satisfactory student visits.
- Work effectively in a team environment and participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Manage and direct any medical emergency or concern that might arise on campus in collaboration
with the Director.
- Collaborate and coordinate with family, administration, residential staff, faculty
and outside providers, as needed and appropriate.
- Collaborate and coordinate with counseling staff regarding mental health and physical
concerns for identified patients.
- Review, on a regular basis, all student cases with the Medical Director.
- Assist in the training, supervision and evaluation of assigned staff within area of
- Provide ACHA endorsed educational information and training to students.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other administrative duties, as directed.
- Participate in college committees upon request or direction.
- Maintain all ongoing Continuing Education Units (CEU) and Continuing Medical Education
(CME) to maintain an active clinical license in the State of Massachusetts.
- Create and maintain accurate and complete medical records within the confidentiality
requirements of HIPAA and FERPA.
- Commitment to inclusion, culturally competent practice and working with under-represented
- Satisfactory completion of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program and
the appropriate internship and/or residency.
- Two or more years of experience in a family/internal medicine practice, pediatrics
and/or public health clinic setting.
- Possession of a valid and unrestricted license to practice in Massachusetts, or proof
of certification within 30 days of hire required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within an engaged and collaborative team.
- Experience and interest in working with adolescents and emerging adults.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- History of impeccable clinical judgment, ethical practice and professional discipline.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusion. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Send letter of interest,
resume and three references to Alison Abrams, firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant” in the subject line. Review of resumes will
begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent
on a background search