- Why Simon’s Rock
- Contact Us
- Offices And Departments
- Student Accounts
Information and services related to student billing and payments.
A tuition payment plan (see below) has been established which will allow parents to
make up to five monthly payments each semester for balances due. There is a one-time
fee for using the tuition payment plan, but no additional interest is charged for
use of the plan. However, payments not received according to the payment schedule
will be charged a late fee of $25.00.
Statements are prepared at the beginning of each month with payments due by the 30th
of the month. Other student charges for the bookstore, library or other fines, lab
and studio fees will appear on the monthly statements.
A student's account must be current and in good standing in order for that student
to register for classes, receive an official transcript, have academic credits certified,
be granted a leave of absence, or have a degree conferred.
Transcripts will not be released unless your account is current.
Tuition Payment Schedule
- 1st payment due June 30
- 2nd payment due July 31
- 3rd payment due August 31
- 4th payment due September 30
- 5th payment due October 31
- 1st payment due November 30
- 2nd payment due December 31
- 3rd payment due January 31
- 4th payment due February 28
- 5th payment due March 31
Bard College at Simon’s Rock provides an easy-to-use and secure online payment gateway
- Accepted payment types include Visa/Mastercard, wire transfer, and e-wallet payments.
- PayMyTuition is viewable in 5 languages in addition to English.
- International payments can be made in a local currency from any country at better-than-bank
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
A student who is considering withdrawal should confer with the student accounts office
and financial aid office concerning anticipated refunds. No refund is made in case
of suspension or expulsion except when a student is eligible for the pro-rata refund
as mandated by the federal government.
No refund of fees will be made in the event a student withdraws from the college after
the semester begins, except as stated below.
If a withdrawal occurs:
- Prior to first day of class, $500 enrollment fee is retained. All other charges are
- Within first week after semester begins: 80% of tuition, room and board is refunded.
- Within two weeks after semester begins: 60% of tuition, room and board is refunded.
- Within four weeks after semester begins: 30% of tuition, room and board is refunded.
- After four weeks: no refund is made.
Students should notify the Registrar, Dean of Academic Affairs, or Dean of Students of their intent to withdraw. The student accounts office must approve the refund,
determined from the date of notification of withdrawal, before it is issued. Adjustments
in financial aid awards for students who withdraw will be determined according to
the following procedures:
- Any institutional grants or scholarships will be reduced by the same percentage as
the refunds described above.
- Recipients of federal student aid will have their federal aid adjusted based on a
formula prescribed by federal regulations.