- Faculty Bios
- Division of the Arts
- Monk Schane-Lydon
Adjunct FAculty of the Arts
Daniel Arts Center
Academic Program Affiliation(s)
Division of the Arts, Graphic Design
Areas of Specialization
- Communication and Graphic Design
- Audio Engineering for live sound and recording
Research Interests: Communication through visual and auditory mediums
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Graphic Design from print to web
- Sound engineering for both live re-enforcement and recorded events
- Acting for stage, film, and commercial work
- Creating props out of found objects (working on a series of rayguns out of junk)
Favorite/Regular Courses Offered
- Introduction to Graphic Design for the Academy
- Graphic Design (SART 218) for the College
MS Communications and Information Management, Bay Path University
BS Computer Graphics/Animation, Springfield College
Radio and TV Production, Northeast Broadcasting
Recipient of the A. Aaron & Pearle Aaron Art Award (2002) Technical Director for the
Radio City Music Hall Christmas 3D Spectacular in 2001, Chief recording engineer for
WorkshopLive and Alfred Publishing 2005-2008. Recipient of the Bronze Telly award
for Rider Millls School House film VO (2010). Theater Association of New York State
TANY’s award for excellence in acting (2015) Recipient of Addy Award for NYS Health
campaign (2017). At Simon's Rock since 2009.
- Technical Director for game cut scenes Age of Empire III.
- Technical Director for game cut scenes Batman: Dark Tomorrow.
- Technical Director for Radio City Music Hall Christmas 3D Spectacular.
- Technical Director and VO artist for Tinkerdoodle's Christmas. A special venue film.
- Technical Director/Artist for The Exorcist: The Beginning.
- Recording Engineer for WorkshopLive, recording Joe Satriani, George Benson, Pat Metheny,
and hundreds of others.
- Voice Talent for BB&T, Santander, Volvo, NYS, and many others.
- Voice Talent and producer of eLearning content for several companies.
- Actor for both theater, film, and commercial work.