- Early College
- Contact Us
- Offices And Departments
- Counseling Services
Counseling Services is part of the Wellness Center at Simon's Rock. We provide counseling
services that support the successful experience of being at Bard College at Simon’s
Rock and Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock.
The Wellness Center includes health services and counseling services and has an integrated approach to student care.
Make an Appointment
Contact us to make an appointment or stop by during office hours.
The Wellness Center
Livingston Student Union, 3rd Floor
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
While on campus, students face numerous changes and challenges. We work with our students
to navigate these new experiences and to move towards enhanced growth and empowerment.
Common Counseling Issues
- Depression/mood concerns
- Campus life adjustment
- Family and relationship concerns
- Academic challenges
- Body/self-image issues
- Eating concerns
- Substance use
- Sexuality and gender issues
- Individual therapy
- Focus groups as needed
- Crisis intervention and assessment
- Psychiatric treatment/medication management
- Consultations to faculty, staff, and students
- Educational programs
Free For All Enrolled Students
Appointments for psychiatric evaluation and medication management are scheduled by
referral from a Counseling Services clinician and are billed separately through insurance.
Records and the information discussed are kept confidential and are not disclosed
to others outside of the Wellness Center without written consent. There are some specific
exceptions within federal confidentiality guidelines, which will be reviewed with
These resources may be helpful on their own or as a complement to professional therapy.
They are recommended for your consideration.
COUNSELING SERVICES STAFF
Director of the Campus Wellness Center
Information About Scheduling Appointments
- The best way to set up a counseling appointment is to walk-in to our offices Monday-Friday,
9 a.m.- 5 p.m.. Please note that our offices are closed during school breaks.
- We are located in the Student Union on the top/third floor in the Wellness Center.
- Please check-in at the front desk with the Office Administrator.
- You will need your academic schedule, so that the appointment can be scheduled without
interfering with your classes.
- Our consulting psychiatrist is available on a weekly basis to meet with students for
- An appointment with the psychiatrist can be scheduled after you meet with a staff
counselor for an intake session and the required authorization/consent forms are completed.
In addition, it may be necessary to communicate and/or receive documentation from
your current or former provider, in order to proceed.
- You must be willing to continue meeting with a staff counselor, as clinically appropriate,
so that there can be full coordination of care and oversight.
- The psychiatrist will also speak with your parent or guardian about any medication
related issues. As such, you will be asked to sign an authorization for this purpose.
- You can walk into Counseling Services Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., if you are struggling
with an urgent/crisis situation. There will be a counselor available to meet with
you that day.
- If you are faced with an urgent/crisis situation outside of office hours, please contact
Campus Safety of the College (413-528-7291 or hit “0” on a campus phone).
- Counseling services are free for all currently enrolled students at Bard College at
Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock.
- Psychiatric appointments are billed through insurance.
Connect with the Wellness Center