- Early College
- Contact Us
- Offices And Departments
- Wellness Center
- Student Health Insurance Plan and Health Services Fee
The Student Health Insurance Plan and the Health Services Fee are required for all
enrolled students at Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy:
- Our students are younger than most who arrive on college campuses and often require
increased attention and support.
- In addition, our students have generally not yet managed their own healthcare. As
such, the College and Academy assume unusual responsibility for their wellbeing and
- And, the Student Health Insurance Plan enables the Wellness Center to treat all of
our young students equitably, efficiently and consistently, without delays or impediments
to service resulting from varying coverage parameters with other plans.
The Student Health Insurance Plan and the Health Services Fee help to cover services
offered on- and off-campus, including a broad spectrum of health and counseling interventions
while the College and Academy are in session. These services include:
- Health support, assessment, and intervention with staff nurses during open hours.
- Appointments on-site with consulting physicians, as referred by the nursing staff.
- Ongoing and urgent counseling sessions with staff clinicians during open hours.
- Emergency access to on-call health and counseling staff outside of open hours.
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management, as recommended by the counselor
and authorized by parents/guardians, as appropriate. Co-pays and missed session fees
- Basic lab tests on the premises, while other necessary lab work can be drawn and sent
- Prescriptions delivered to the Wellness Center from Lenox Integrative Pharmacy, Lenox,
MA. Co-pays will be billed to the family.
- Notification and collaboration with parents/guardians in emergency/urgent situations.
- Collaboration with parents in other situations, as clinically appropriate, and with
proper authorization to release/obtain information.
- Referral, coordination, and collaboration with local hospitals, providers, and specialists.
- Families will be responsible for the payment of services outside of the Wellness Center,
if not covered by the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- The Student Health Insurance Plan is primary and provides full-year coverage, across
the United States, including summer, breaks, and January intercession.
Student Health Insurance