- Early College
- Contact Us
- Job Opportunities
- Kilpatrick Athletic Center - Swim Coach
The Swim Coach will instruct, train, and guide the swimmers during regularly scheduled
practices and competitive events. This is a part-time position.
It is expected that all employees will treat every member of the community with respect
and contribute to the College’s commitment to fostering an inclusive and welcoming
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Coach will set up the practice area and be ready for the swimmers on time
- The Coach will use the most up-to-date training techniques available
- All swimmers will be treated as essential to the team
- Coaching will be presented with kindness, support, and equanimity
- During meets, the coach will remember they are representatives of the college and
- At times, work with a student as the team manager
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all BCSR policies and procedures
- The Coach will have to drive the team to events occasionally
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- An up-to-date understanding of the best practices is essential
- Knowledge of all pertinent rules is necessary
- Personal experience as a competitive swimmer would be preferred
Physical and Cognitive Requirements/Resilience:
- The Coach should have the general ability to show the students how to accomplish the
skills needed. This will sometimes include getting in the pool to explain and show
- The Coach must have good oral communication skills with the ability to explain physical
- The Coach should be flexible, especially during competitive events when the unexpected
will generally happen at the most inopportune time
- Depending upon the makeup of the team, overseeing a group of students can be stressful,
especially if some of the personalities clash. It is the Coach’s job to try and amend
these situations and turn a bunch of individuals into a team.
During the season, the Coach can expect to work a regular schedule of weekday evenings
for practices and weekends for competitions. There would be no reason for the Coach
to come in beyond their normally scheduled times.
Position description and duties may change at any given time.
Successful completion of a background check is a mandatory part of the hiring process.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals
are encouraged to apply. Please send letter of interest and résumé to Bill Meier,
c/o The Kilpatrick Athletic Center, 84 Alford Rd., Great Barrington, MA 01230