- Student Life
- Living on Campus
- Campus Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Missing Student
The Campus Life Staff and Campus Safety Officers will take appropriate steps to locate
These steps include, but are not limited to:
- Attempt contact with student via email, cell phone, and visiting their room.
- Seek information from peer mentors, roommates, floor-mates, and friends.
- Verify student ID card use in the residence halls, the Dining Hall, and the Kilpatrick
Athletic Center, within the previous 2 days.
- Contact Academic Affairs to determine class attendance.
- Seek information from Physical Plant, particularly the housekeepers.
- Seek information from facility managers in the Daniel Arts Center.
The Campus Life Office will notify the appropriate emergency contacts within 24 hours
when a student is determined missing.
- The parent or guardian of all students under the age of 18 will be notified. A student
may register, with the Campus Safety Department, a confidential contact person to
be notified when that student is determined to be missing. Only authorized campus
officials and law enforcement officers, in furtherance of a missing student investigation,
may have access to this information.
The Campus Safety Department will be responsible for filing all related missing person
reports with other agencies as may be required.
The dean of students, or designee, will contact appropriate college administrators
and offices on a need-to-know basis.