- Student Life
- Living on Campus
- Campus Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Medical Emergencies
For dire medical emergencies call ‘9-911’ directly, then call Campus Safety. For any
on-campus emergency, dial ‘0’ or x7291 for the Campus Safety Department. From a cell
phone dial 413-528-7291.
If someone is injured or becomes ill:
- Stay calm.
- Contact the Campus Safety Department or have someone do it for you. Explain the type
of emergency, the location of the victim and the victims condition.
- Be sure to tell the dispatcher if the person is unconscious or disoriented, not breathing,
bleeding profusely, or has chest pain.
- Let the dispatcher know if you observe any safety hazards—a downed power line, chemical
spill, fire, fumes, etc.
- Do not hang up unless told to do so by the dispatcher.
- If safe to do so, stay with the victim until assistance arrives.
- Do not move the victim unless there is danger of further injury.
- Do not give the victim anything to eat or drink, or change the position of the victim,
even if they request it. Do not remove anything protruding from the victim's body.
- Campus Safety and/or Campus Life staff will quickly respond to the scene. EMTs will
respond if necessary.
- Campus Safety Department staff are trained as Massachusetts First Responders. All
officers receive annual re certification in CPR and the use of the department's Automatic
If you have a medical condition that might require special attention by our staff
in the event of an emergency, please contact the director of Campus Safety at x7680,
to discuss your situation.