- Career Development
- Off Campus Opportunities
- Internships and Externships
Various resources to support the career developments of students.
Virtual Internship Experience (VIE)
Imagine the opportunities that open up when you use virtual space for its flexibility
and connections, without the loss of professionalism.
[Access the login guide for students here. You must be logged into Simon's Rock Apps for Education.]
Exceptional internship database for students from Simon's Rock, Bard, and 16 other
liberal arts colleges. NIC includes opportunities in all fields.
Going Global’s 80,000 page database contains Country Career Guides, corporate profiles, worldwide job and internship openings and a proprietary collection of H1B visa employer listings.
An externship is a career experiment that enables students to discover an organization,
industry, field, or lifestyle first-hand. Externships help students build the critical
knowledge and insights necessary for career development by spending one day to one
month learning on the job.
There are two kinds of Career Experiments:
- Posted—We will occasionally post Career Experiments in College Central Network, which may require competitive applications.
- Freestyle—Most Career Experiments develop directly from the interests, work, and networking
of students in collaboration with Career Development, which helps with contacts, strategies,
- Interested in law? Spend some time with Rocker alumni in the legal field to figure
out whether law is right for you, and area of interest (IP, immigration, corporate,
- Interested in healthcare? Spend time with practicing physicians.
- Marketing? Finance? Operations? Nonprofits? We can help you find a Career Experiment
to explore almost any field.
Organizing a Career Experiment
Career Experiments are typically short and unpaid, and they could be available pretty
much anywhere. As a result, students often benefit from flexibility and foresight
to organize Experiments.
- Consider Experiments in the Simon’s Rock region, wherever you call home, or wherever
you will be traveling, in order to make the most of travel plans you already have.
- Contact possible hosts well in advance to establish the possibility of a Career Experiment.
- You may also leverage the Simon’s Rock network in particular areas for short-term
housing options, if necessary.
Alumni, Recruiters, And Friends Of The College
If you would like to post a Career Experiment to students, please post to College Central Network as a recruiter. You can invite Rocker talent into your organization for a brief,
engaging, and free experience, potentially identifying your next great hire. Questions?
Just contact Career Development.