- Career Development
- Alumni Involvement & Services
Rocker alums are an important part of the work we do in Academic Transitions and Career
In addition to the numerous ways any friend of the College can get involved, we invite
alumni to participate in some special ways:
- Network remotely with students and fellow alumni by joining Rocker Connect, our LinkedIn group. The LinkedIn subgroup coordinates several industry-specific
affinity groups as well.
- Meet up with fellow alumni at regional alumni socials—check with Alumni Affairs for dates.
- Consider taking the lead by connecting with the Alumni Leadership Council. The Career Services subcommittee is a great place to make a meaningful connection
to Career Development.;
We are always open to suggestions for collaboration. Get in touch so we can explore
SERVICES FOR YOU
Almost all Career Development services are available, for free and for life, to alumni.
Consider us especially for application reviews, networking assistance, and job search
resources. We're happy to connect alumni to their next great opportunity.
ways you can get involved
- Guide a student through the search and application process in your field or geographic location. Remember when you were a student and didn’t
know what to do next? You can help students find and take the best course of action.
- Host a student for a career experiment—a brief, unpaid, intensive job-shadow—to help him or her learn about your industry.
These experiences are crucial and often formative for students trying to figure out
career direction. They also enable you to get a glimpse of possible future talent.
- Share your expertise and insights in your field by presenting on campus or remotely, or by inviting us
to visit you! The options are extensive. Host us at your organization or graduate
school for an afternoon, conduct mock interviews on campus or via Skype, be an executive-in-residence
for a day or two, speak to academic or student groups, or participate in an information
- Share opportunities from internships and jobs to projects and special programs, whenever you could use
Rocker talent. Check out our recruiting page to see the possibilities. Or head straight to our online recruiting platform
- Refer resumes from students and alumni into your organization. Help students and alumni get the chance to prove themselves
at your organization by coaching them and referring their resumes into the hiring
- Offer your extra space or housing for internship housing or Simon’s Rock group gatherings. Pursuing opportunities and building programs comes
with a lot of logistical hurdles. You can help by opening your doors to Simon’s Rock.
- Donate professional clothing and accessories you don’t use; we’ll get them to students and you'll get a tax write-off.
- Affect the bottom-line by donating to Simon’s Rock; leave a message for Career Development in the comments so we can